We constantly hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but how many of us really have a full breakfast on daily basis? At least most of the people I know, power up with a cup of coffee in the morning, and at work may have a little snack. The reason for this is mainly time. And how many times a week can someone have cereal for breakfast?
We have rounded up our top 5 breakfast ideas that take less than 7 minutes to prepare and have the necessary nutrients to feed your brain and your belly and keep you going throughout the day!
1. Overnight Oats : This actually requires no time in the morning since you will prepare them the night before, and they will be deliciously ready in the morning! Our favorite recipe includes 1/2 cup of quick oats, 1/2 cup of cashew milk, tsp of coconut flakes, cinnamon, truvia and raspberries! Mix and leave overnight, and top in the morning with a pinch of coconut flakes and raspberries! Voila!
2. Egg and Avocado Toast: Besides being are favorite brunch entree ever, this breakfast is packed with healthy oils and protein. Make sure to use Ezekiel bread for that extra protein content! We like to poach our egg, and make sure it runs deliciously over our toast! You can also add some toasted sesame seeds if you have time!
3. Greek Yogurt and Blueberries: This super quick recipe is our go-to when we snooze on our alarm those extra minutes! Mix greek yogurt, truvia, 1/4 scoop of vanilla protein powder and top with your favorite berry! We love blueberries because they are packed with anti oxidants and a little goes a long way!
4. Turkey BL: Just because we love our bodies and live that healthy lifestyle, doesn't mean we cant indulge but still try healthier options! Who can resist a delicious open faced BLT? Just make sure you use low fat cheese, turkey bacon and Ezequiel bread!
5. Egg White Omelette: And those days that we like to be a little fancier, we go for a spinach, tomato, and mushroom egg white omelette! its really easy, just throw all the ingredients in the pan, and flip until done. Once a week, we like to indulge with a tsp of white truffle oil on top... and wow does it make a difference!